Friday 18 September 2015

John Lennon's Army Shirt!

The famous Lennon Army shirt that he wore on stage in concert at 
Madison square garden, was one of john's favorite to wear in the early 
part of the 70's Leaving hundreds of photos of him wearing it for 
us to look at.
Aswell as in concert and
around town John also wore it on his television appearance with Yoko 
Ono on the Dick Cavett show in 1971. He explains  how he got the 
shirt here: “It’s very funny, I was in the German Airport, I had an American 
Army mac on and a guy came up and said, I just got out of the Army in 
Vietnam and if you’d like these clothes I’d love to give them to you, 
‘I said alright’, and he sent  me all these Army clothes in the post, A few 
years ago it was.”
Although Lennon thought it came from Vietnam, it in fact was worn by 
U.S Army soldiers around 1970. and used during the Korean war
Although you can buy replica's the original shirt is on display in the 
John Lennon museum in japan. John gave the jacket to his girlfriend 
May Pang in 1975, and wrote a love message to may written inside it. 
And finally below i have added a photo of my very own replica 
jacket that i made.

No comments:

Post a Comment